Official Website of Shelby County Indiana Government
Superior Court 1

Judge R. Kent Apsley

Court House
Room 209
407 S. Harrison St.
Shelbyville, IN 46176

Phone:  317-392-6350
FAX:  317-421-2468


Monday – Friday
8AM – 4PM

Closed for Lunch
12PM – 1PM

Judge Kent ApsleyJudge R. Kent Apsley was elected judge of Shelby Superior Court 1 in November of 2014. He is a 1981 graduate of Indiana University with degrees in Forensic Studies and Political Science. Judge Apsley graduated from Indiana University Mauer School of Law in 1983 and was admitted to bar in 1984. Prior to going on the bench, Judge Apsley was engaged in the private practice of law for fifteen years as a trial attorney and a Public Defender. He later served as Shelby County Chief Deputy Prosecutor. From 1999 through 2014 he was the elected Prosecuting Attorney for the 16th Judicial District.

Judge Apsley currently serves as a member of the Board of Managers of the Indiana Judges Association. He was also appointed by the Chief Justice to serve as Chair of the Indiana Judicial Conference, Criminal Law Policy Committee. He is a member of the American Judges Association, Indiana Judges Association, Indiana Council of the Juvenile and Family Court Judges, and the National Council of the Juvenile and Family Court Judges.

We have no confirmed jury trials in Shelby Superior Court 1 at this time.  If you are on the jury panel for this six-month period, you will receive a Notice to Appear for Jury Duty when your presence is required.

Please call our office at (317)392-6350 with any questions.
Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
We are closed for lunch from noon to 1:00 p.m.