Official Website of Shelby County Indiana Government

Q: How do I get exhibits before the Court in a virtual hearing?
A: Label each exhibit and file them with the Court at least 2 days before the hearing. If you are a plaintiff label your exhibits with numbers. If you are a defendant label your exhibits with letters. If you have photos you should submit them on either paper or photopaper. Due to security issues, the court generally will not accept a thumbdrive for photos. Let the court know if you want any exhibits back. You must also give a copy of your proposed exhibits to the opposing party.

Q:  If want to plead guilty but don’t want to go to jail, what alternatives are there?

A:  Incarceration is a tool of the court, but it isn’t the only tool.  Probation and Community Corrections are alternatives to incarceration.   Shelby County Community Correction programs can be found by visiting their website.  Pre-approval for Community Corrections programs is highly desired by the Court if you are seeking that as an alternative to incarceration.

Q:  I’m having trouble logging onto Zoom.

A:  Download the app onto your phone or computer instead of using the browser, or alternatively, use the browser instead of the app.  The passwords are case sensitive.  Use all capital letters for the criminal session password and all lower case letters for the civil sessions.  Many audio issues can be resolved by toggling the mute/unmute button.

Q: I want to file a motion, what kind of form do I use?
A:  The court cannot provide legal advice.  However, the Indiana Supreme Court has a self help form library online which you may find useful.  The link can
be found here:

Q: I have my small claims judgment, but now they won’t pay.  What can I do?
A:  You may file a proceedings supplemental.  See the small claims manual for additional information which can be found at